Posted on July 03 2020
Perhaps one of the most challenging things to do in life is boosting your self-esteem. Since society has set standards as to what beauty and body should look like, some people find it hard to express themselves. It may be true that confidence comes from within, but it can also come from another medium, like fashion. Fashion does not only affect a person's appearance, but it is also a medium for some to express themselves. It is one of the easiest ways for you to be able to gain more self-confidence and show everyone who you really are. So, today, we are going to share with you how fashion can change someone in positive ways and perhaps some tips so you can build up that confidence.
The Power of Fashion
Fashion is more than just dressing up, it is also an essential factor in boosting one’s self-confidence and affects your emotions. But, aside from that, it can also help you with the following:
Fashion can improve your critical thinking.Yes, you read that right. Dressing up can also change the way you think. It is proven by the Association for Psychological Science that the way you perceive yourself can affect the way you decide. It may sound crazy, but what you wear can help you with solving problems or decide on a particular situation. For instance, when you change from casual clothes to sportswear apparel, you will be more likely to work out. It happens because it reminds you that the chosen clothes tell you that you have to make healthy choices.
Dressing up makes you feel good.
Research from the University of Hertfordshire states that a person dresses up depending on their moods. Most of the time, when a person feels great, they tend to wear brighter colors that highlight their asset. But, when someone feels sad, they end up wearing clothes that don't flatter them. However, some studies also suggest that a mood improves when someone switches to well-fitted and brighter clothes. When a person's clothes can control the mood by making them happy, even on sad days, it is known to be the dopamine dressing. So, it is advisable to invest in fashion items that gives you a good feeling.
Fashion can also make you feel strong.
High-quality clothes can be your best asset, which can also make you feel powerful. For example, a well-tailored coat means you are dressed for success. According to The Atlantic, how you carry yourself professionally also changes your point of view and your approach towards various situations.
These are just some of the things on how fashion can boost your self-esteem. If you dive in more into the fashion industry, you’ll discover that it is not just about looking good and buying expensive things. It is more about self-expression and art.
THESE POWERFUL GEMS MAY SUIT YOUR STYLE, CHECK THEM OUT
Simple Fashion Tips on How You Can Be More Confident
Everything requires a little effort, so, if you want to achieve that confidence fully, then take note of the following:
- The first thing that you can do is to figure out what makes you feel comfortable and good. Determine the types of clothes you want and what you look good in. For you to be able to do this easily, you can seek help from other people like friends, family, or personal shoppers. But the thing you have to keep in mind is, the clothes you pick should make you happy and confident.
- When it comes to being fashionable, you don't necessarily need to spend a lot. There are a lot of stores that offer affordable fashion clothes. Some sell pre-owned clothing that is still in good condition. Another tip is to sign up on your favorite shop's newsletter to get discounts. By doing these, you can always look good while in a budget.
- There are a lot of fashion icons and vlogs that you can get inspiration from as well. You can check them out for you to also try out their style or get some inspiration. Pinterest is also an excellent platform for fashion ideas.
- One of the best tips that we can also give is for you to think the comfort of a fashion piece can bring over how it's going to look. Wearing clothes that makes you feel uncomfortable is a huge mistake. No matter how pretty clothing is, if it causes you discomfort, then don't wear it. It will only give you a negative effect as it can get you irritated as well. Hence, your confidence level will not boost if you wear something like that.
- Another tip is learning the color combination of each type of item. Choose the color of the apparel, depending on the situation. Like mentioned earlier, colors have a huge effect on a person's state of mind. It reflects one's emotions, so make sure to learn the art of colors; it can be your advantage along with the fashion world.
Be Yourself, Create Your Own Style
The last thing that you should take note of is you have to feel good in order to look good. It always comes from within and learning the essence of fashion is just an additional factor. Fashion will not do all the work, you have to believe in yourself for you to build the confidence that you need. It is also just a reflection of your thoughts and your tastes. It is fun to mix and match and create your own style, you may discover a lot of things not only about fashion but also about yourself. So, don’t be afraid to try everything.
Summing it all up, fashion is a way of self-expression and the way you dress will help you build your character on another level. To help you express yourself more, Joligems is here to assist you. Our primary goal is to help you express yourself, stand out, and thrive, no matter where your "island" lies-- from the inner city to sand, and everywhere in between.